If you could live in any sitcom, which one would it be?
- Brooklyn 99
If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be?
- Mary Karr, one of my favorite authors
- Tina Faye who makes me laugh and think
- Rolf Gates, a yogi and author who’s influenced my practice and inspired my desire to teach.
If you had one extra hour of time each day how would you use it?
- Oh goodness, so many things! Hanging with my son, yoga, reading a book, take a nap!
What’s something you did as a kid that your parents still talk about today?
- I danced in the Nutcracker at the Eastman Theatre when I was 5 years old. I was one of the children who comes out dancing from underneath the skirt of Mother Ginger. It was choregraphed that when the children were done dancing, they would bow, and prance off the stage. I remained curtsying with a big smile and another child would come running back and grab me by the arm to take me off stage. I’m told I was adorable.
What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
What’s something that’s completely normal/common that you’ve never done?
- Believed in Santa
If you could start a charity what would it be for?
- I didn’t start it, but I’ve recently joined the board of Yoga 4 A Good Hood whose mission is to create a space of healing for people of color and individuals with low socioeconomic status through yoga and more. They are a young nonprofit here in Rochester and I’m wholeheartedly excited to be a part of its development.
What did you name your first car?
- I never named a car, but I had real affection for that 1984 Toyota Corolla.
What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
- Figure skating; they are so graceful.
If you could do anything in the world for a career other than what you’re doing, what would it be?
- Oh that’s such a tough one, too. I’ve been fortunate to have a few careers already, each of which I’ve enjoyed. As a little girl I dreamed of changing the world and being in public service.
Where’s one place you’ve never been that you’d love to go?
- Sicily, to explore my family tree.